So, I have officially been “tagged”. Since I’m home and bored I decided I would act upon the tag. If you think these things are lame feel free to stop reading, I promise I won’t be offended. So, here are 6 things that most people don’t know about me:
1. I have been duct taped to a wall, by choice. It was for a homecoming competition in high school. I ended up winning and was taped to the wall for like 45 minutes. I had marks on my arms and legs for days afterwards.
2. I’m a model or I modeled once, however you want to look at it. My debut was in a Children’s Company fashion show at the age of six. For payment I got to keep the very expensive “designer” outfits I modeled. Pretty much I knew that this fashion show would be the biggest I’d participate in, so I decided to retire while I was on top.
3. I have a million weird quirks. For instance I have a thing w/ knees. I think it stems from 1st grade when my friend Lindsay Gear demonstrated how she could move her knees caps back and forth without using her hands!! Just thinking about it makes my knees shiver. Ever since then I can’t stand it when someone touches or brushes my knee or I accidently touch someone else’s. When I sleep I have to have something between my knees so they don’t touch skin to skin. Paul is well aware of how I freak out if my knees touch and sometimes I think he makes sure to touch them on purpose.
4. I am a closet Ashley Simpson Fan. I tend to be a bit of a music snob and laugh at those who only like pop music or say “I like all music”. Up until 2 years ago the only person who knew I listened to Ashley Simpson was Paul, and yet he still loved me. Then I received her CD for Christmas and the word was out. I believe I owe my liking of this pop music to living with Emily for 3 years. When I lived with her we often listened to her variety of pop cds while we cleaned or got ready to go out. I actually found that this type of music was perfect for these occasions and noticed I missed it when we both got married. While I still listen to “real” music like Motion City Soundtrack, Reel Big Fish, Less Than Jake, ect., Ashley is just filling the void left by living with loud, fun girls. I now listen to my girl music with pride and I can’t help smiling as I belt out the words while I’m cooking and cleaning.
5. I Don’t forget a face. I’ll see a random person in the mall and think I know them from somewhere and then I realize it’s just the family that sat next to us at a BYU baseball game 2 years ago. This happens ALL time and I know Paul gets annoyed because he has no idea who any of these people are.
6. I am super competitive. I hate playing anything I think I might loose at, even if it’s the first time I’ve done it. I played racquet ball with Paul 5 years ago and I haven’t played since because I lost. I didn’t care that it was my first time or that Paul was really good, I lost and that’s all that mattered. I’m the worst when it comes to card games, because cards are something I feel I’m good at. Paul knows how mean I can get when we’re playing a game of Speed. When I was little and went to birthday parties there were many occasions when I won every game at the party. Once I got picked last for kickball and I don’t think I’ve ever been so hurt. I showed them by kicking a few home runs and I am happy to say I was never picked last again. So, even though I may look scrawny or act like I don’t care, I always care when it comes to a competition.
So, there it is. I now tag Michelle and Brianne, I better see something on your blog in the coming weeks! = )