Here is a brief (or not so brief) summary of Ruby at 10 months:
- She is ridiculous about sitting still for pictures, as I am sure is common for most 10 month old babies. She also loves to give you her awesome frown.
- 2 new teeth broke through, bringing her total to 8.
- She still isn't a fan of much table food, but when she realizes we aren't giving her anything else, she usually ends up eating it all.
-She stands on her own now and only needs a little bit of help getting to a standing position. Who knows, maybe she will be the one to break Navasard tradition and walk before she's 14 months.
- Ruby is feisty. And has gotten in trouble for purposefully stepping on Crew's head and smacking him during his diaper changes. It's pretty hilarious, especially since she goes after him knowing exactly what's she is doing while smiling and laughing. The first time she did it I yelled, "Ruby, stop!". She just looked at me and started crying hysterically. Paul and I could not stop laughing.
Even when she drinks her bottle, she is trying to smack Crew around.
It's Ruby's defense though, we have discovered the way she shows she loves you is by smacking you in the face. I guess that's what happens when you grow up with Crew and Miles constantly in your face.
- She's super curious and I love it when she discovers a new part of our tiny house.
- We've been spending lots of time outside, and she loves getting dirty and watching all the kids play.
- She got sick this month and actually wanted to be held! I was soaking it up, knowing it wouldn't last long.
and yes, she still sucks on her middle fingers the moment she gets tired.
- Her current obsessions are babies and the boy's scooters.
- My favorite things about Ruby at 10 months are how when she sees me in the morning she flaps her arms, screams, flings herself at me, and gives me her crazy smile. It's a pretty good way to start the day. I love how she says "Mamamama" all the time. I love how she does her turbo crawl when she spots a baby or when Paul comes home from work. And, I love how her hair is starting to get curly!!
It's been busy at our house as of late. I always think, once this or that is over, then things will slow down. But, that never seems to be the case, does it? MILES
The biggest event that has happened is that this kid potty trained like a champ.
We followed the "Potty Train in 3 Days" method and it surprisingly worked! I had my reservations, but I figured I'd do it her way for the 3 days and then if it didn't work I'd try something else. But happily it worked, we threw all
the diapers and pull ups away the first day and haven't looked back since.
Miles is so proud of himself and gets mad at you if you call Crew a big boy and yells, "No, me the big boy!!" I'm just happy something finally came easy for him. So, thank you Traci for the recommendation!
The only real problem we've had is that I have caught him going to the bathroom outside a few too many times. :) I'm thinking our talks have paid off though, because we are on a 5 day streak of no peeing in the grass. Let's hope it lasts.
Miles has also been picking me lots of flowers lately. I've been nicely trying to explain that we don't pick flowers from other people's gardens and that dandelions are my favorite. But what do you do when this cute face runs up to you saying "Momma, me pick you a pretty flower!" followed by "don't eat it, ok". MACEY
She cracks me up every morning with her outfit choices. She never just picks a shirt and pants out, there is always a reason and/or theme behind her choice.
This particular day was Jungle Themed
. The boots go with the theme because they have jungle flowers on them. FYI she had come down in all pink (pink cords, neon pink shirt, pink boots) but I sent her back upstairs to find something different. We agreed the jungle theme worked much better than the pink theme.
Macey, has also been making lots of "books" lately on her easel. This one is about shapes. She also loves reading books to Miles at night in her bed. I love Kindergarteners.
Macey had a few incidences last week where she ran people over on the sidewalk while she was riding her bike, me being one of them. As a result she's been having training sessions on the sidewalk with toys placed strategically about that she has to avoid and/or break at. I think she's got the braking down now and it is much safer on the sidewalk than it was last week and she is now allowed to ride when people are out. CREW
Turned 10 months this week. Macey keeps informing me he's almost 1 and I just can't believe it.
He's really started moving now and can always sense if a door has been left open. He loves emptying cupboards and following Macey and Miles around. Crew's current favorite things right are the remote, balls, and fire truck.
If Miles is awake when he wakes up, he makes sure to throw plenty of things into Crew's crib to entertain him until I come in. See, he can be nice.
We've also been spending LOTS of time outside, due to the crazy amount of toys/things Macey and Miles have been destroying in our house. Like I've said a hundred times, words cannot even express how much I love the outdoor space where we are and the people we get to share it with.
We are in for a crazy next few weeks with Macey's oral surgery, school things, lots of family coming to visit, a deck installation, and a trip to Zion. So, here's hoping for more sunshine and that Miles actually stays awesome at this potty trained thing!